|Book:||National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)|
|Board:||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Chapters Name:||The Little Fir Tree|
The Little Fir Tree | Class 4 English | NCERT Books Solutions
QUESTIONS FROM TEXTBOOK SOLVED
Reading is Fun
1. Tick (Right) the correct answer.
1. By changing tine circled word to its opposite, rewrite these sentences. One has been done for yon.
Ans. I carry a heavy bag to school every day.
Ans. I lost the race
Ans. I hate eating vegetables
Ans. This glass of milk is empty.
Ans. The old man is foolish
2. Now give the opposite of the words below by adding un or im.
3. Rita loved her dog Sheroo. Every day, Sheroo would go out of the house and come back himself. But one day he did not come home. Rita looked everywhere for him. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Sheroo was lost. He was nowhere to be found. Rita was crying when she reached home. She got into her bed. All of a sudden something jumped on her. Can you guess who it was ? Rita was very happy.
Give the opposites of the words in blue (here bold).
hated come in go nowhere up found
everywhere laughing sad
1. Rewrite the passage below using capital letters where necessary –
(i)one Saturday afternoon amarjit and his little sister rani went for a picnic to india gate, there they saw ducks, water and their friend raj
Ans. One Saturday afternoon Amarjit and his little sister Rani went for a picnic to India Gate. There they saw ducks, water and their friend Raj.
(ii)oh dear said the fir tree I like my old needle-like leaves best for goats don’t eat them and no man can steal them
Ans. “Oh dear!” said the fir tree “I like my old needler-like leaves best for goats don’t eat them and no man can steal them”.
1. Look at the picture below. In the yellow box there are eight things. Six of them you can see in the picture. The other two you cannot see. Write down the four things that you can see.
ducks mat dog girl
boy tree fountain flowers
Ans. ducks boy girl tree
2. Look at the picture again. Describe the picture,
Ans. A boy and a girl have come to a park for outing. They are enjoying the natural scene by the side of a pond. Two ducks are swimming in the water. The girl has spread a mat on which she has put lunch box, bananas, ball etc. A bird is sitting near the mat. The boy is looking at the bird. He looks happy.
1. Ajit loved flowers. He always wanted to have a garden for himself. Mohan, his friend gave him an idea. He said, “Why, we can have a garden in a dish!”
“Ha! Ha!” Ajit laughed. “A garden in a dish?”
Ans. “Yes, dish gardens are tiny gardens planted in a shallow dish. We must first put sand, manure and pebbles in a dish. Plant very tiny plants in it and place the dish on the window sill.”
2. Which of the following actions would make others happy/unhappy?