|Book:||National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)|
|Board:||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Chapters Name:||The Magic Garden|
The Magic Garden | Class 3 English | NCERT Books Solutions
QUESTIONS FROM TEXTBOOK SOLVED
Reading is Fun
1.Why did the flowers love the little children?
Ans. The flowers loved the little children because they (children) watered their thirsty roots and dug the ground very well.
2. Why did the birds love children?
Ans. The birds loved children because they gave them bread.
3. Name five flowers growing in the magic garden.
Ans. Stinflowers, poppies, pansies, marigolds and roses.
4. What sounds could the children hear in the garden?
Ans. The “children could hear the sweet songs of the fairies”.
I like roses Most roses are red.
Some are white.
Some are yellow.
Are there blue roses? ,
I have not seen any blue roses!
5. Which one is your favourite flower? Learn its name in English.
little happily slippery people sleepily
thirsty purple proudly pretty
Activity – Make a Flower Scrap Book
1.Collect five flowers.
2. Put each flower carefully between the pages of an old book.
3. Place some heavy books on top of the old book. Leave it for some days.
4. Stick the pressed flowers carefully in your scrap book.
5. Write the name of each flower.
Ans. Do yourself.
1.Name two words in each petal which you see in a garden.
- Insects – Bee and Butterfly
- Trees – Mango and Guava
- Flowers – Marigold and Rose
- Tools – Grass cutter and Spade
- Birds – Parrot and Maina.
1.Imagine you have a big garden. What would it look like? Draw a picture here.
Ans. Do yourself:
2.What would you like to grow in your garden? Write three sentences giving the names of the flowers that you might like to grow in your garden.
Ans. 1. In my garden I would like to grow white roses.
2. In my garden I would like to grow marigolds.
3. In my garden I would like to grow lilies.