|Book:||National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)|
|Board:||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Chapters Name:||Bird Talk|
Bird Talk | Class 3 English | NCERT Books Solutions
QUESTIONS FROM TEXTBOOK SOLVED
Reading is Fun
1.Name the two birds in the poem?
Ans. Robin and jay.
2. What are the three things that people can’t do?
Ans. The three things that people can’t do—
(i)They can’t grow feathers.
(ii)They can’t eat beetles.
(iii)They can’t sit on wires.
3. What do birds think of people?
Ans. Birds think that people are funny creatures because they (people) differ from them (birds) in many aspects.
1.Imagine what two elephants would say to each other about people. Let them talk about
— what people look like— what they eat
— how they walk You can say
Look at that man’s nose See how small it is!
- Look at the size of the man.
- He is so small!
- He eats cooked food and that too in such a small quantity.
- He walks on two small and thin legs.
2. Let’s find two things which you can do and the birds can’t do. Tell the class.
- We can read and write but the birds can’t.
- We can think wisely but the birds can’t.
1.Listen to the sounds of the birds. Make a list of these words.
For example: chirp, chirp, chirp.
Ans. twitter, twitter, twitter coo, coo, coo
2.Now write four sentences on birds using the following words.
nest water chirp fly sky wings
- Birds live in nests.
- They have wings to fly.
- They fly high in the sky.
- In the morning they come out of their nests and chirp loudly around them.
- They drink water whenever they feel thirsty.
3.Write words that rhyme with the words given below.
The first one has been done for you.
Grow know throw
day bay say
think blink sink
funny bunnv sunnv
eat meat neat
sing Thing king
No responses yet