Skip to content
- Always proofread your letter after writing it, check for sentence structure, grammar, spelling mistakes…
- Proofread your letter again (and again) after you have revised it.
- Keep the recipient in mind, and write in a way that he/she can easily understand the letter.
- Don’t use abbreviated dates, e.g. use November 19, 2004, and not 11/19/04
- Be respectful when you write, even if you are writing a letter of complaint.
- Business letter writing tips
- Be concise and keep to the point, but don’t leave out any important information.
- Try to keep your letter short enough so that it fits on one page.
- If your letter is more than a page long, use another page, don’t use the back of the page.
- If you have access to company (or personal) stationary with a letterhead on it, use that instead of regular paper.
No responses yet